Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sunday, December 21

This past Monday I went to the surgery center and had an endoscopy.  Piece of cake.  The doc says I have a hernia and gastritis.  Have a follow up appointment on the 29th when labs come back but pretty sure everything is fine.  Timing worked out great.  My daughter is on vacation for the next two weeks so she could take me and drive.

Tuesday I decided I better get the shopping finished for the little ones.  Spent the day at the mall.  Wall to wall people!!  There were lots of bargains so I bought myself a couple of blouses.

Cowboy called me Tuesday and asked me if I had the "list".  I asked him what list.  Apparently he had seen something on TV about some girls being abducted.  He wanted the list of their names so he could help.  I told him I would do everything I could to get it.  This sort of thing happens sometimes and then he forgets it ever was discussed.  Hope that happens this time.

My daughter and I went down to the home on Thursday.  It was the day of the residents Christmas party.  What a great event.  All the staff dressed up in these adorable costumes as Christmas trees, presents, snowmen, angels, etc. KUDOS to them for a great party.

There was more family there than I have ever seen before which was nice.  My daughter got Cowboy a calendar with beautiful horse pictures.  I got him an analog watch.  I have in the past bought him two digital watches and he messes with them and then announces they are broken.  Maybe he will do better with this one. The staff had provided each resident with a sweat shirt and a pair of socks as gifts from Santa.  A few days earlier all of the residents were given afghans for warmth.  Cowboy's is green and blue and very pretty.  There were children who sang carols and some fellas from a motorcycle club.

I have agreed to let my daughter get a dog.  She found a beautiful boxer puppy at a rescue organization and picked him up Friday.  So Friday involved trips to Petsmart and to a vet.  "Cali" was given a clean bill of health and got her shots, etc.  My daughter will be home through January so that should give us time to get some training in.

We spent yesterday cleaning out closets, trading some clothes and filled up two bags for the GoodWill folks.

I am managing to be completely lazy today.  Have read the paper, gone through a pile of periodicals and picked up my desk.  I recently received more information about my upcoming trip and have been looking at it as well.

Tomorrow we are going to see Cowboy and take the dog down to see him.


No comments:

Post a Comment