Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday, July 18

Another busy week.  My daughter was in a lot of pain and didn't want to try to do anything.  I found myself spending time fixing meals, doing laundry, etc.  So many things we had planned to do this week have been put on hold.  She went to the orthopedist on Wed but has to wait on an appointment for an MRI, etc.  Is doing fairly well but is on meds.

On Thursday we both went for an appointment with a dentist I had found and I got a good report but she needs some work.  Can't really schedule anything til have an answer about the knee.

I took Grandson #4 to get a replacement social security card and to renew his license today.  What a mob!!  I think it is a shame these kinds of things can take most of a day and that so many people are inconvenienced.  There has to be a better way.

I am a bit tired but will go see Cowboy tomorrow.  My birthday is Sunday.  Tomorrow when I get home we are going to have steaks on the grill and a nice swim then off to a movie. My great grand daughter is coming over for the afternoon.   I may just stay in bed on Sunday and try to just relax.  Or at least not move out of my recliner.  Will have the Sunday paper to entertain me.

Starting Monday grandson #4 is going to work for 6 hours daily on a list of jobs I have for him.  He still needs to do the baseboards, fix up the guest bath, do some more yard work, etc.  Still need to shop for window treatments and some decor.  On and on it goes.

My grandson  (#2) who got married should be home tomorrow from Puerto Rico.  I am hoping my oldest grandson (#1) and his girlfriend will find some time to come by soon.  There are a few things around here that only he can handle.  I am so grateful for all of them.  They are so sweet and helpful and loving.   I am trying hard not to take advantage of them.

I have received several birthday cards and ecards and appreciate every one.  It is really good therapy to hear from relatives and friends.  Am not particularly happy about turning 70 but as they say "it beats the alternative".  I feel like I am doing  better than many folks and am grateful for that.

I have found a doctor I think I am going to like.  He wants to wait on my records before making any recommendations so we will need to wait a bit for all of that to come about.  It is a little scary when you have to find someone new and it takes a while to build confidence on them.  Here's hoping.........

No comments:

Post a Comment