Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday, July 25

Yesterday I went to Penney's to take advantage of a 50% sale on drapes.  Found some pretty sheer drapes for my bedroom. They are white with green leaves on them that match the green of the walls.   It is a start on the windows.  I am sure my grandson can put them up.

Today I drove down to see Cowboy.  He was sitting in the day room watching an old John Wayne movie.  He said hi and asked me if I was out running around today.  I explained it was Friday and I had come to see him.  He said "OK" but seemed puzzled.  We talked about the kids and he couldn't name any of them.  When I asked him which of his daughters had the triplets he named the wrong one.  He just doesn't get it right anymore.

We had a nice lunch of catfish and rice and some really good green beans.  He ate it all.  I am grateful that he eats well.  So many of the patients are thin and don't eat well.  I need to check on his current weight.  He actually seems a bit heavier and that is a good thing.

One of the wives  brought necklaces for all of us with the Alzheimers symbol on it.  I didn't point out to her that Cowboy doesn't have Alzheimers but Lewy Body dementia.  Doesn't matter.  Her heart was in the right place.  It is very pretty and I will wear it.

I told the ladies I will be playing nest Tuesday so they are planning on sticking around and listening.  I appreciate that.  They are a real support group that I treasure.  Will need to spend some time this weekend preparing.  Will use a lot of the music I did for the wedding.

When I got home my grandson was so proud of all he had accomplished today.  He put up the blinds in the kitchen, pulled a lot of weeds, made the beds, did some laundry, trimmed the shrubs etc.  He is  such an interesting young man, sweet and helpful but also a bit of a con man.  He always pushes things a bit.  I think he would make a great salesman.

I came back and heated up some spaghetti and made some garlic bread.  My daughter got home from Jacksonville, Fla about 6 and we had dinner and are now watching a little TV.  I am about ready to call it a day.




No comments:

Post a Comment