Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday, July 13

It has been a whirlwind week.  I went to see Cowboy on Tuesday and he was doing OK.  Terribly hot but we walked around outside for a while and sat outside and watched the birds.  He asked me why that wagon wagon was in the parking lot and I told him there was no wagon.  He insisted there was.  It was a hallucination.  We then sat in the day room for a while.

I took grandson #4 to two job interviews this week.  They didn't turn out to be anything acceptable.  He continues to help me with the yard and the house.  Something will work out soon I am sure.

I went to a wedding shower Thursday night and then the rehearsal on Friday night.  There was a bachelor party after the rehearsal so I headed home.

I went and picked up Cowboy yesterday morning.  Got up at 6 and was there about 9:30.  He was ready to go.  They had just shaved and bathed him but he needed a haircut.  We got back to Dallas and I took him to lunch.  It was a nice home cooking kind of place and he had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and corn and homemade rolls.  Huge servings but he ate every bite.

After that we looked for and found a barber and he got a haircut.  Then home to get dressed.  Cowboy wore a nice suit and his best hat.  I had bought him a new shirt.  He looked very nice.

Then off to the hotel for the wedding.  My daughter looked after Cowboy while I set up and played prior to the ceremony.  The ceremony was just beautiful.  Although it was hot out we were in the shade and there was a breeze.  This was followed by the reception.  We had drinks, crab cakes and coconut shrimp.  After the introductions, speeches, etc.  we were served salad of portabello mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese with watercress and dressing.  This was followed by salmon, candied baby carrots and broccolli.  Wonderful meal.  There was the garter retrieval, the bouquet being tossed and dancing.  Wonderful party.  Cowboy was totally worn out by 11 so we left and went home.

I helped Cowboy take his medicine, undress and get into bed.  He was snoring within 10 seconds (I swear) of hitting the pillow.  Did not stir all night.

When we arrived at the house I showed him around.  He didn't seem to recognize our belongings although most everything is the the furniture we have had for years.  He looked at the bed and said "where did you get this?".  He looked at a chair in the living room and said "when did you get this".

When I got up this morning my daughter told me she had wrenched her knee and was in severe pain.  We arranged for a friend to take her to the ER and I got Cowboy ready and left to take him back to the home.  Change of plans but I was concerned that my daughter might end up needing surgery and would need assistance.

Before I got back I learned that they had put my daughter's knee in a  brace, given her a prescription for a pain med and told her to make an appointment with an orthopedist come Monday.  May need some repair but won't know until she see the doctor.  Good news is she did not break anything.

The original plan was to go to my grandsons for a party and then take Cowboy back.  We had modified those plans given my daughter's injury.  Glad she is OK.

My new granddaughter in law is from Liberia.  She is half African and half Lebononese, and quite beautiful I must say.  She had a lot of relatives here for the wedding. They came from Liberia, California, New Jersey, Maryland, etc.   I have to say these folks know how to make a major event out of a marriage.  Shower on Thursday, bachelor party of Friday, wedding on Saturday, party all day Sunday.  They served a very spicy stewed chicken, a spicy rice and greens.  Lots of beer, lots of people and lots a loud African music.  I had spent five hours taking Cowboy back to the home, getting him settled and getting back and had no energy left for partying.  I stayed for awhile and had something to eat and then headed home.

The newlyweds leave for Puerto Rico for a week tomorrow.  My daughter will have to lay around and get waited on for a couple of days, my grandson is coming over to continue work on the yard and I guess I will try to get caught up on household matters tomorrow.  But first, I am going to not set the alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment