Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thursday, February 19

I went to see Cowboy on Monday.  It was cold and wet and traffic was awful.  We spent a couple of hours watching TV and out in the day room visiting with each other and others.  There are a couple of new ladies that are becoming regulars.  Cowboy was in a good mood.

On Tuesday I had the clock people out.  When I moved here the grandfather clock developed problems but I had put off getting it repaired.  Finally decided I really needed to.   It also keeps it out of harms way while all those fellows are here.

Yesterday the company doing the house repairs came out and did a walk through.  The work list has changed about four times.  It is getting more real now but still a lot of work.  We are down to less than $20,000.  Still seems like an insane amount.

They are starting the work today and I am waiting on them now.

I have a terrible cold.  For someone like me who rarely gets a cold it caught me by surprise.  Have coughed all night for three days now.  I hate it !!  When I went to see Cowboy on Monday he had one too.   Guess either I gave it to him or he gave it to me.

I will be going to see Cowboy again tomorrow.  The workmen tell me that I can leave and they put a lock box on the door for me to put a key in.  I went to WalMart and had another key made.  I came home and it wouldn't work.  Back to WalMart for another key.  Brought it home and it doesn't work.  Makes no sense.  They line up and look the same.  Don't know what to do.  Guess for the short term I will use my key and the lock box.

Our pup is at obedience school this week.  Surprisingly I find I miss her.  It is interesting how quickly looking after her has become part of my day.  Hope she comes back knowing how to obey commands.  I had made good progress with her.  She would sit and get down, etc but in about half a second she was doing the same thing again.  She has the attention span of a knat.


No comments:

Post a Comment