Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tuesday, June 9

I went to see Cowboy last Thursday and then again yesterday.  I took more bird seed which really makes him happy.  We filled the feeders and I had lunch with him.

The drive down wasn't bad.  I enjoyed a field of orange flowers (think they are black eyed susans) and the golden fields of wheat ready to harvest.  The corn looks so much better this year.  It is really dark green and taller than I remember this time last year.  I bet they have a good crop.

We watched the birds.  There are the regular visitors, the sparrows, the doves, the mockingbirds.  But we also have a pair of cardinals and a pair of scarlet tanagers.  They really catch your eye.

On Thursday I took the dog and she managed to hunt down a bird and cripple it.  I rushed out and rescued it.  Don't know what it was.  About the size of a sparrow  but with a more slender body and a long slender beak.  I picked him up and put him in a tree and hoped for the best.  I wish I knew more about birds since Cowboy is so interested in them.

The dog is a bit of a challenge but the guys really enjoy her.  Had to leave before lunch Thursday because she doesn't behave well when food is around.

Talked to the nurse.  They have added another medication in the hope of improving Cowboy's appetite.  He isn't eating well right now.  We will see if it helps.  I also ask her to have someone look at a mole on his back that looks unusual and has changed from before.  She said they would do that.

Then yesterday we got his teeth cleaned.  He also has broken a tooth.   Don't know what will involved in addressing that.  It was the anchor for his partial on one side so may be a big deal.

One of our two air conditioners failed today.  I am not surprised.  It is about 18 years old.  Am in the process of having inspections and quotes done.  It is going to be a big expense.  The other unit is only about 3 years old so it should be good for a long time.

I will be going back on Thursday.  In the meantime am thinking about going up to Tulsa to visit friends and maybe to Georgetown for the same thing.  No real plans yet but am working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment