Saturday, August 9, 2014

Saturday, August 9

It has been nearly or over 100 all week.  Terribly hot.   We have suspended working outside and are concentrating on getting the woodwork done.  Grandson is making good progress.

Got the drapes up in the living and dining rooms and the rods bought for my bedroom.  The first ones I bought would not work.  Wow, four months I have been at this.  Of course, it has been punctuated with dips in the pool, shopping trips, weddings, etc. but still......

I went to see Cowboy on Monday and Thursday this week.  Traffic was not half bad either day.  or am I just adjusting to the craziness?  It is pretty light going but always heavy coming home.  No slowdowns lately.

Cowboy has been doing pretty well lately although his speech is generally garbled and he can't make sentences that make sense. I continue to worry that he will fall.   He smiles easily and is spending more time interacting with others.  The new activity aide is really good with him.

She asked me if I thought he would do well on a field trip to go see a horse show next week.  I gave permission and paid the $17.  It is the Lipizaner stallions.  We saw them once many years ago in Germany.  I know he will love it.

My friend's hubby passed on Tuesday so she is not going to be there anymore.  She was always there for lunch, every single day.  I will miss her.  sweet lady.

I think I will stay in out of the heat today.  Yesterday I got up, went to pick two internet orders, at WalMart and at Penney's.  Both ladies were ungodly slow and it took a while.   Bought some groceries and came back and picked up Grandson to go do banking and postal chores.  'Then we went to Peter Piper Pizza which just opened up.  It is kind of a cross between Cici's (cheap but awful pizza) and Chuckee Cheese (games and lots of kids and noise).  Won't be going back there.

I think the kids are going to take the jet ski's out today.  I won't be going.  Too dang hot for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment