Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday, August 17

I can't even remember how I managed to go a whole week without thinking about posting.  Maybe I just think my notes are getting a bit stale.  And then I will hear from someone who reads it and realize there are some folks who are interested.

I went to see Cowboy on Tuesday.  He was very non communicative.  Just stared most of the time.  He did eat his lunch and let them shave him.  The heat means he is not spending as much time outside.

Lots of errands this week....haircut, pedicure, some shopping and supervising my worker (grandson).

I went to see Cowboy again yesterday.  I saw the aide in the hall and she showed me some pictures that they took Friday night at the horse show.  She said Cowboy had a wonderful time.


When they were standing in line to get their tickets there was a lady behind them who just talked and talked and acted like she knew everything there was to know about how they trained the horses.  Cowboy leaned over to Bobbie (the aide) and said "I wish she would shut the hell up" just clear as a bell.  She was worried he was going to get difficult but he didn't.  whew......

I told the aide my visits were going to be a little less often this coming week and maybe the following week.  Have to drive my daughter to therapy, etc.  She said she would be sure and give him extra hugs and a treat or two.

They got special treatment at the show.  They took them down to the gate and let them interact with the horses.  She took a couple of pictures of Cowboy petting one of the horses.  Said he didn't act tired or sleepy all evening.

I talked to him about the field trip and he said he liked it.  Said they went to a Chinese restaurant ???? and he had 6 fingers and put his hands about 8 inches apart "this big".  I asked if he had anything else. He said no.

I haven't done much today.   Will be wrapped up in my daughters surgery and follow up the next few days.  Hope it all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment