Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday, July 29th

I didn't get the board changed today.  My day started at 4:30AM when Cowboy was up and in the shower before I got my eyes open.  He proceeded to cover himself with powder which is the opposite of what needs to be done to try to add moisture to his skin.  Back in the shower and then a good dousing of lotion.  He then gets dressed and goes into the living room.  I just can't face the day just yet and go back to bed.  I get up at 7 and he is still sitting in his chair just staring.  Hasn't made coffee of anything so I proceed with the morning chores.  We had a good bowl of oatmeal and drank some milk and I made him some coffee. 

They came at 9AM to lay the carpet.  It took until about noon and of course everything was torn up until they finished.  It looks and feels wonderful.  Such a nice change from the cheap builders carpet that we have had for the past 5 years.

My grandson is coming down Sunday and is going to stay a few days and help finish painting the house and do some yard work.    He is a bit of a challenge, 20 going on 14 but he needs to be busy and has not had any luck finding a job.   I will feed him, buy him some clothes and send him home with some pocket money and we will both be better for it.

My personality borders on obsessive compulsive and I am well aware of that but the things I am getting done right now have been on my to do list for years and it is going to be very comforting to have it done.   Not having to think about all the things that need doing will allow me to clear my head and focus better on the tasks at hand.

Cowboy was wandering around this morning getting in the way of the carpet people but my encouragement to sit down and relax did little.  He kept getting up and going to the door and looking in to see what they were doing, sometimes standing in the doorway as they carried things in and out.  I think it is better to deal with this now than later when he is even less cognizant.

No comments:

Post a Comment