Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday, July 11

There are these little things we all do to take care of ourselves.  Clean our fingernails, brush our teeth, blow our nose,  wipe our bottoms.  What if, all of the sudden you quit doing those things as needed.  Hard to imagine but that is the way Cowboy is getting to be.  He doesn't have any awareness that they need doing.  So I have to keep an eye out and get them done.  It is a constant thing and is different depending on the day or the hour.  Little things we just never really think about but I guess we really are, but he is not.

I went to Bunco Monday night and my friend in the band sat with Cowboy.  She is such a sweetheart.  It is good to have people who care.  Bunco was fun.  I managed to get several good laughs in and the treats were great.  Those girls help keep me balanced.

I went to the dentist on Tuesday to get my teeth cleaned.  It is just down from the house.  Cowboy just refused to go so I left him and went and got it done.  Back in under an hour.  I just don't know how I would live with myself if anything happened in my absence.  The dentist said I had the mouth of a 30 year old.  That felt good.

Marsha is out taking care of her dad so I had another new person come today.  Every time it is someone different we go through this routine of covering what needs to be done, what to watch for for Cowboy, how to get the TV back where it needs to be if  Cowboy punches too many wrong buttons, how to start the washing machine, etc. etc. 

A neighbor took me to pick up some parsons chairs to update my dining room that I had decided I could not live without.  They look so cool.  Then I went to the store, etc.

I am feeling a little better overall.  It is good to get the house things finished and to get out and see friends.  and Cowboy is is eating and seems in a good frame of mind.   and life goes on......

No comments:

Post a Comment