Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday, June 30

When you don't post for a couple of weeks it can be a challenge to remember everything, but here goes.

Didn't go for the celebration Wed the 17th.  It was pouring out, there were storm and flood alerts, etc.  I haven't even thought to ask anyone how it went.  Must do that.

My daughter and I went to see Cowboy on Father's day and took him out for lunch.  He devoured the ribs and French fries with relish.  (I think his appetite is back!)

After we got home I dropped off my daughter at home and drove up to Tulsa.  Got there about 8:30PM.  On Monday I met some of the ladies from my old Red Hat group for lunch.  Then I spent the afternoon over coffee with Cowboy's daughter, granddaughter and two great grandchildren.  We had a nice visit.  In the evening I met some old work friends for dinner and drinks.  Great to see them.

On Tuesday had breakfast with old friends from AT&T.  We go back to the eighties and still keep in touch.  Then I went over to a friends house and visited for a couple of hours and then headed home.

On Wednesday I went to see Cowboy.   I gave him a manicure and we watched TV.  I can't tell how much of it he understands but he will chuckle sometimes at something funny on the TV.

Went to see him again on Saturday.  Turned out to be very light traffic which was nice.  It was raining so stayed in again.

On Sunday my daughter threw a  birthday party for her granddaughter who is turning 13.  There must have been 20 kids in the pool.  We started at 2 and the last guests left at 8.  Great time for everyone.  We will be eating leftovers for a week.

Yesterday my daughter and I spent some time checking out prices for some repairs on her truck.  that effort will take a few days as she wants multiple quotes before scheduling.  We also went to Discount tire and she bought two tires.

She has been working in town for a few days now and will continue to through the 4th.  Then off to El Paso for her and quiet for me.

Tomorrow I will be going to see Cowboy.  He has a dental appointment to have two teeth pulled and then we will discuss how to remodel his partial.

No comments:

Post a Comment