Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday, July 13

I went to  see Cowboy and he had dental work on the 7th and then we had more today.  Two more appointments and we are done for this round.  His partial needs remodeling and he had two teeth pulled and two filled during the past few weeks.  I don't know whether it is poor dental care, age or a combination of both but he is definitely not doing well in the dental department.  I know he can eat better and enjoy it more when he can chew so I keep going.

The drive has been pretty good of late.  There is less construction and things move along pretty well.  The corn fields are growing, the sunflowers are growing and everything is green from all the rain.  The skies have been blue and filled with big puffy white clouds the last few trips and I have enjoyed the view.  This afternoon there were two great big oversized clouds that looked like two roadrunners going lickety split and it was fun to see.  When I was a little girl we used to lay in the yard and find critters and things in the cloud formations and see if our little friends could see them too.

My daughter and I got in the pool yesterday for quite a while and were enjoying ourselves and then decided to try to get the dog in.  She is not big on water but we put a vest on her and held her up and I think she thought it was OK.  We learned that boxers don't much like water and are not swimmers but my daughter is convinced she can teach her to enjoy it and dive right in.  We will see.

I went to see the gastroenterologist this past week and he thinks I am doing well.  He did suggest I add a serving of prune juice to my daily diet.  One more thing to do but guess I will try it.  anything to avoid getting clogged up.

I have an appointment with the eye doctor tomorrow for a checkup and then with my primary care provider Thursday.  I hate all this time at Dr offices.

My daughter got her truck all fixed up and picked it up this morning.  Interestingly there was almost $1000 difference between the first quote she got and the one we chose.  They did an awesome job and she is very happy of the savings in the cost.  Her truck looks like new.  She thinks we should keep it forever so that is the plan .  She leaves for Little Rock tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment