Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday, July 18

Monday is my 71st birthday.   The kids are coming over tomorrow for a pool party.  That has become the way we entertain around here.  Supposed to be 98 degrees.

I went to the doctor and the eye doctor this week.   All is fine.  Glad that is out of the way.

Went to see Cowboy yesterday.  He was sitting in his room with no TV.  He had been punching all the buttons and lost the sound.  I managed  to figure it out and get it going again.

It seemed warm in the room and when I noticed Cowboy perspiring I thought it was that at first, but then he got soaking wet and turned lethargic so I went and got the nurse.  His blood sugar had dropped to 36.   She rushed out and got some orange juice with sugar in it and then came back again with regular orange juice and a doughnut.  After a few minutes it was up to 67 and after a bit longer we got it up to 103.  The whole thing was a little frightening.  I have seen his blood sugar drop before but never that low. 

Coming home was a nightmare.  There was a traffic snarl that became a several mile long parking lot.  At one point it took  just short of an hour to go 4 miles.  Finally got home. 

My daughter got home last night and is gone right now getting my car all cleaned up.  I didn't really want to do it myself in this heat.  Nice of her.

When I was at the home yesterday I was visiting with one of the ladies and she said she read that all of us should have at least 12 hugs a day to stay emotionally healthy.  It came up because we  both make it a point to hug our hubbies when we visit.  I told her I had some kind of deficit because sometimes I go for days without a hug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment